On July 14th, 2020, International Non-Binary People's Day,
Queery relaunched its #queerypronounchallenge encouraging people to post their pronouns on their social media pages, Zoom accounts and in their email signatures.
We do this to normalize the use of all pronouns.
Since then, #queerypronounchallenge has developed a host of new resources, activities and achievements.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. Add your pronouns to your social media accounts, Zoom account, and email signatures.
2. Take a screenshot.
3. Post it with #queerypronounchallenge and tag @queerypronounchallenge.
4. Tag five or more of your friends and colleagues to do the same.
Examples of social media and email signatures ---->
Why is this important?
This primary violence prevention strategy of sharing your pronouns digitally is an easy way to show support to those who identify within the TGNCNB communities.
Sharing your pronouns in your bio and email signatures create a more inclusive environment for others. Would't you want your friends, consumers, clients, and colleagues to feel just as comfortable about sharing their pronouns as you do?
If can also assist people who are new to sharing pronouns get more comfortable doing so.
The #queerypronounchallenge photo booth is a way for people to joyously share their pronouns. This is a gallery depicts the joy our booth has brought to different events.
The Numbers as of Jan 2023:
people participated in #queerypronounchallenge
people had their pronouns in their accounts, and allowed #queerypronounchallenge to repost and tag them.
people added their pronouns due to
Join the hundreds of us today by....
Free and Purchasable Resources
Below, please find various resources to keep you informed about pronouns as well as how to be an ally.
Also, please find the beautifully designed pronoun pins that you can wear everyday. You can purchase them here.
I added my pronouns. Now what?
Great! Nice job making your way into sharing your pronouns. Now, are you able to find other ways to continue being an ally or to practice using pronouns?
Here are 5 links to check start with:
1. Pronoun Document: Queery created thier own pronoun sheet using a combination of the GLSEN and NYC's pronoun documents. We encourage you to link it to your pronouns in your email signature so that your recipeints can simply click on it to learn more.
2. 10 Ways to Step Up as an Ally to Non-Binary People
3. Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Gender-Neutral Pronouns
4. Tips for Allies of Transgender People